The Barrie Minor Ball Hockey League has now opened its online registration for the 2015 spring season.
In-person registration dates will become available once the dates have been confirmed. More info in regards to this will be made available on our website shortly.
You currently have two options when registering online.
Option 1 allows you to fill the form and use the pay later option. This will save your spot for a maximum of 14 days. You will receive an email with further instructions on how to remit payment.
Option 2 allows you to register and guarantee your spot by submitting payment using a credit card. We currently use PayPal for this option, and in the process of registering you may be asked to create a PayPal account. Please note that this is not required to proceed to the check out.
Our days of play will remain the same as last year.
- Squirt (2009-2010) Tuesday at 6:00pm
- Tyke (2007-2008) Thursday at 6:00pm or 6:50pm
- Novice (2005-2006) Tuesday at 7:00 or 7:50pm
- Atom (2003-2004) Thursday 7:40pm or 8:30pm
- Peewee (2001-2002) Thursday nights (if double pad available)
- Bantam (1999-2000) Tuesday nights (if double pad is available)
We plan to play most of our games out of the East Bayfield Community Centre but if floor time is available we will try to schedule a few games at Holly. (Maximum 2)
The season will begin on the mid April and run until the end of June
All players are required to have the following equipment:
- Helmet with full facial cage
- Hockey gloves
- Soccer or ball hockey shin guards
- Hockey stick with no plastic blade (wood or composite are ok)
- Running shoes
The league is also looking for young officials and timekeepers.
All referees will have to attend a half-day OBHA certification clinic. These dates should be available in about one month. Timekeepers will be trained at the rink by one of our staff members or volunteers.
We also accept students looking to receive their high school community hours.
Lastly, the league is looking for your assistance is seeking sponsorships. If you know anyone that may be interested, please have him or her contact the league directly.